Today was a blustery day and we just needed some good old hearty soup. I made Taco Soup with homemade garlic bread and avocado slices, cheese and a dollop of sour cream
This soup changes as ingredients are available. I get told to “make that taco soup” and I have to think what did I put in it. So this “taco soup” I wrote down. The vegetables vary. I use whatever leftover veggies I have in the fridge. Tonight was potatoes. Try this soup, it’s yummy and hearty. See the recipe below.
- 1 pound hamburger, brown
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 qt canned tomatoes
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can black beans
- Roasted chilies, variety
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Leftover corn, green beans, boiled potatoes
- ½ large carrot, small dice
- 2 tablespoons flour (optional)
- In a dutch oven (6 qt), brown hamburger with onion and garlic. Add flour and cook for a minute or two. Add tomatoes, broth, beans, carrot and taco seasoning. I roasted and froze a variety of chili peppers this summer. I cut a couple slices of those chilis and added to the pot. I let this simmer for a few minutes, then taste for salt and pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add leftover vegetables (any you have on hand from dinner the night before). I had boiled potatoes, so I peeled them and added them about ten minutes before serving.
- Serve in bowls and top with grated cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Serve with garlic bread and slices of avocado.
- Enjoy. This will serve approximately 6. This makes great leftovers.